Returning an item
We hope that you will be happy with everything you purchase from Wickes. If you are not happy with your purchase, please return your product with proof of purchase (this can be a till receipt, an order confirmation email or a card/bank statement) and in the same condition as you brought it (including being in its original packaging), within 30 days from the date of purchase or receipt of the product, whichever is the latest date and we will happily offer a replacement or a refund.
If your purchase is faulty
If your item develops a fault
Within 30 days of purchase or receipt of the goods:
We’ll offer you a full refund or an exchange.
After 30 days of purchase or receipt of the goods:
We’ll repair or replace the goods in accordance with the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
This does not affect your statutory rights
You can choose to return faulty or defective products to your local Wickes store with proof of purchase. However, please note that our Wickes Kitchen & Bathroom stores are unable to accept returns for products purchased online, via the app or from any other stores.
Alternatively, you can arrange for the faulty or defective product to be collected by contacting our Customer Services team and completing a contact form with your order number and details of the product to be returned. We will collect it at no expense to you and either provide a replacement, process a refund or repair the goods, as set out above.
Receiving your refund
We will issue all refunds using your original payment method. If you originally paid for a product by debit or credit card, a refund will be issued to the same card used for payment. Please be aware that cash refunds of £1,000 or more will be refunded as a cheque issued by Head Office within 21 days.
Things to note:
- Unfortunately unless they are faulty, we can’t return or exchange:
- Made to measure goods
- Gift cards
- Perishable items (plants, turf etc.)
- Out of date products
- Products that were marked as non-returnable when you bought them
- The following Wickes Kitchen & Bathroom stores cannot accept returns from items bought online or at any other stores, only items bought at that particular store:
- Paignton Kitchen & Bathroom – Torquay Road, Paignton
- Orpington Kitchen & Bathroom – 309 High Street, Orpington, Kent
- Muswell Hill Kitchen & Bathroom – 28 Fortis Green Road, Muswell Hill, London
- Battersea Kitchen & Bathroom – 491 Battersea Park Road, Wandsworth, London
- Warwick Kitchen & Bathroom – 22 Coten Road, Warwick
- Southport Kitchen & Bathroom – Unit 4A, Kew Retail Park, Southport
Ways to return
Bring to a store
You can return your product free of charge to one of our stores, even if you’ve bought online or via the app.
Please note that products bought in our Wickes Kitchen & Bathroom stores cannot accept returns bought online or from any other stores. They can only process items bought at that particular store.
Arrange a collection
If you’ve received a home delivery and would like to return it, or the item is too heavy or bulky to bring into a store, please contact our Customer Services team by completing a contact form to arrange a collection. Please note, a collection fee will be charged, equal to the cost of delivery.
In the unlikely event that your goods arrive damaged or faulty, we’ll arrange a free collection and will offer you a replacement or a full refund.
Processing of Refunds
Returning in store
Returning via a collection
Your refund will appear in your account in 3-5 days.
Your refund can take up to 14 days to appear in your account.
For PayPal refunds, please refer to the section below.
If your item develops a fault, please see the table in the full refund policy below.
For PayPal refunds please refer to the section below.
If you’re returning an item that was faulty or damaged when it was delivered to you, we will refund any delivery charge within 14 days of you receiving it.
We’ll issue your refund using your original payment method i.e. credit/debit card or cash.
Right to cancel online orders
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 you have the right to cancel your order, when you buy online, through the app or via the phone, at any time up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive your delivery. If, for example, you receive your order on a Monday, you’ll have 14 days from the Tuesday to contact our Customer Service team.
- To arrange for a product to be collected please complete our contact form, with your order number and details of the product to be returned.We’ll arrange for the collection of the product by our nominated carrier. Please note that there will be a charge payable by you for this service, which will be equal to the standard delivery charge applicable to the product and your location. All refunds for returned products will be made within 14 days from cancellation and will be made to the account used to purchase the product.
- If you plan to return your product to a store, and you’ve paid for delivery as part of your online, app or telephone order, you’ll be refunded the full amount, including the delivery charge. Store returns are made at your cost and must take place within 14 days of the cancellation.
- If you cancel before the item is dispatched, you will receive all your money back.
- We’ll issue your refund using your original payment method i.e. credit/debit card within 14 days of us receiving the returned item(s) or you providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example, a proof of postage from the Post Office), whichever is sooner.
- We are within our rights to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the products caused by damage while in your possession.
Returning items purchased via PayPal
PayPal orders can’t be refunded in store. We’ll offer you an exchange to the same value or your money will be refunded onto a gift card.
If you require a refund, please contact us via our Customer Service team by completing a contact form. A refund will be processed and the item will be collected by courier (at our cost).
As a consumer, you may have additional rights and this policy does not affect these rights.